Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Monday, February 15, 2010

Unprompted togetherness...

Greg and I were watching the Olympics in the living room and this is the scene I found in my bedroom. So sweet and so opposite of our weekend:) Thankfully James is off steroids now and we wait for them to get out of his system. This past weekend was one of our harder weekend BUT we made it and can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

So sweet....maybe they like each other after all:)

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hell on Earth

that's what Thursday after clinic are like.... He cries, screams,calms down then the cycle starts over. He wants a snack, he doesn't want a snack, he wants to get dressed, he doesn't want to get dressed, he wants milk, he doesn't want milk. You get the picture and this happens over and over all day long. Me...I am at my wits end. We could use your prayers!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Monitoring the fever

Talked with MDA this morning and they feel like its a virus. He has hovered around 102 today and if the fever doesn't break by 7am tomorrow morning he will not get his scheduled Lumbar puncture (has to be fever free for 24 hours)' he is still feeling pretty crummy...please pray that we are almost through this!

And here is Little Miss chilling...watching Nick Jr:)

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The fever still persists...

James has battled with fever all weekend long. Tonight it got to its highest(103) so we decided to call MDA. We talked with a fellow that we have known almost James' whole treatment. She certainly put Greg and my mind at ease. With a lot of coaxing we got him to take Tylenol and now he is in bed. The docs at MDA still thinks its a virus but most likely we will return to MDA tomorrow for them to take a look at him. This whole ordeal never gets easy for us...the worry, concern, etc. We will let you know about tomorrow and what they want us to do. Thanks for praying.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Quick Update

James started running fever yesterday morning. We called MDA and they let us see our pediatrician here and get blood work done at the local hospital. His counts came back great and indicating that what he has is most likely viral. He ran fever through the night and woke up at 5:40am with 101. We managed to get him to take Tylenol and that seems to bring it down. If he is still running fever Monday, they want to see him. He is scheduled for Wednesday to get a lumbar puncture with chemo, chemo through his port and start steroids. Please pray that the fever breaks and it doesn't turn into a bacterial infection. Thanks