Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Day at the Clinic

Getting my cream on my button before I go to the clinic

At the clinic and getting my bracelet on with my name and medical record number

The pediatric outpatient clinic at MD Anderson

Playing in the playroom...my favorite place to be

Getting my weight

Getting my blood pressure taken

Nurse Sandy flushing my line

Getting hooked up to my IV chemo and antibiotic

Hanging out and getting my medicine

Out like a light...time for my lumbar puncture

In recovery

Today was quite a long day for James. Usually his procedure is one of the first things that happens but today it was almost 11am before they took him back. Keep in mind he has not had anything to eat or drink since 5pm the night before so he wasn't in the best mood. He even told his doctor "I am very sad, my friends(mom and nana) aren't listening to me." He kept telling us he was very very thirsty and very hungry and we kept having to put him off. But we made it and we are home and his belly is full. We started steroids so pray that he will get through them ok. Thanks for checking in.

9 comments:

sarah watson said...

James is a champion and so are you! another lumbar puncture down!

Heidi said...

He is so sweet! I love how he told the dr. he is sad--such a big boy now!!

Honeyman 4 said...

We are praying and what a tough mom and boy!

Lindsey said...

We are always praying for James. He is such a Trooper!!!

Lorren Says... said...

What a brave, brave boy!! Also, happy birthday to Adrienne!

Rachel Cobb said...

Brave boy, strong family. I dont' know how you do it. We still pray for James every day. Thanks for the updates! Love you!

Connie McWhorter said...

James is such a trooper! His strength encourages me. God has such a special plan for this little guy's life. Love you, Connie Mc

McClure Family said...

always praying for you and James.

beth harbison said...

praying for james. He is such a strong boy..Keep the faith...