James responded beautifully to the LP. He is given anesthesia (Propofol) for this procedure. He falls asleep quickly and wakes with little to no agitation. After going to the pharmacy, we were able to leave MDA in record time around 12:30 p.m. (which made it a 6-hour day instead of an 8-hour day!). Adrianne's day was full of the "tanning bed." She already has little tan lines around her diaper. Kidding! You ought to see the device she has to lay in. It's the size of a large suitcase and sits propped open with UV lights beaming down on Adrianne. Adrianne is also wrapped in a UV blanket to give her extra assistance to break down the excess bilirubin. Praise God, her bilirubin counts decreased with the latest blood draw (just three hours ago). We will continue the all-night UV vigil (thank you Nana) to get those counts where they are supposed to be.
We are daily reminded that God is watching over us, helping us through hard times, and sharing his love through you. Current prayer requests include:
- Praise! James' LP was successful and his blood counts have remained stable.
- Praise! Adrianne's bilirubin counts are dropping closer to the normal range.
- Praise! Joy and Adrianne are healthy and doing well after birth.
- Adrianne gets the maximum amount of exposure to the UV light through our meeting with the pediatrician tomorrow.
- James continues to maintain "normal" blood levels and has minimal side effects from the chemotherapy.
- Nana, Joy, and I are able to feel rested (even when we don't get enough).
- James will have increased tolerance to the frequent barrage of oral medications.