Tuesday, December 11, 2007

On hold

Tomorrow was suppose to be a big day. We were to start part 2 of Delayed Intensification but we're on hold...

Yesterday we had to make a trip to the clinic because James was running a low grade fever and had developed a runny nose and an awful cough. I went fully expecting his blood to be bottomed out due to fighting whatever was going on with him. We found out just the opposite-turns out James' blood has recovered nicely. His hemoglobin went up, platelets up, and he had an ANC of 2100. The doctor, however, did not want to start the next part with James running a low grade fever. So we will wait until next week to start part 2.

This is what the next couple of weeks will look like:

Dec 19th-he will have an LP with chemo, be admitted to the hospital to receive fluids followed by 2 chemos, plus an oral chemo
Dec 20th-chemo through his IV, we will go home, and an oral chemo
Dec 21st-chemo through a shot at home and an oral chemo
Dec 22nd-chemo through a shot at home and an oral chemo
Dec 23rd-Dec 25th-oral chemo
Dec 26th-chemo through a shot at home and an oral chemo
Dec 27th-chemo through a shot at home and an oral chemo
Dec 28th-doctors visit, chemo through his IV, and an oral chemo
Dec 29th- chemo through a shot at home and an oral chemo
Dec 30th-Jan 1st-oral chemo

Please pray about the next part of treatment. These chemos will drop his counts and make him feel terrible. Also continue to pray for his bottom to heal and that the congestion will go away. He has had a very hard day today-cried a lot and refusing to sleep so we could really use your prayers!

1 comment:

Sam McClure said...

praying for you daily! thanks for keeping us updated so that we know what to be praying specifically for. you are a great mom!