Sunday, July 15, 2007

It's Sunday

Today is Sunday. The day set aside by most of the people in our circle of life to corporately worship God. I think it is fitting for us to do that together even in the blog world. The lyrics to a song that has been stuck in my head these past few days mean more to me today than they did four days ago. And then as I was reading the blog of another very young leukemia patient, I read the words yet again. I pray that these words will wash over you in comfort as they have me.


You are God alone
From before time began
You were on Your throne
You are God alone
And right now
In the good times and bad
You are on Your throne
You are God alone.



And here is a prayer today for Greg, Joy and James found in Romans 15:13
"May the God of hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Amidst all of the overwhelming emotions and all of the questions, may HOPE prevail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg, Joy & James,

Our hearts are so heavy for what you all are going through right now. But as we know the God we serve is a GREAT GOD, and with all of FOTW praying we are expecting a miracle that people will talk about for years to come. We love you all and are praying for you.

Amando, Tammy, Andy, Alyssa, Adria & Kevin

Leslie said...

Greg, Joy, and Baby James,

Jon, Henry, and I heard your news today and ached to be in Houston just to be near. Words cannot express what we feel for you all, but prayers can and please know that your James (as well as you both and Adrianne) are receiving many Bluegrass prayers from our family and friends here. In fact, Henry was in on our prayer for James tonight and will continue to be. That's what dudes do for one another!

We are so eager for your updates as you have time to do them, as well as you additional prayer requests. We love you SO much and our hearts and prayers are focused on the promise of God's power and love through this, as well as the comfort and hope only He provides.

Leslie, Jon, and Henry

sandy said...

Greg and Joy,

I can't express to you how my heart broke for you as I heard the news.....I was at the beach.....the rest of my stay at the beach was litterly consumed in prayer for you and James and the entire Ryan family. God is Soverign, He is good, He is great....I pray that your faith will be increased through this trial and that James will be another of God's great miracles. You are so loved...I pray that you will feel our love and prayers for you. You are lifted up in prayer!
Jeff and Sandy